This website has been created to share with you the amazing benefits and information around body massage and highlight some of the popular types of massage therapies available in Perth, Western Australia.
The history of massage therapy dates back to 3000 BCE (or earlier) in India, where it was considered a sacred system of natural healing. Used by Hindus in Ayurveda ‘life health” medicine, massage therapy was a practice passed down through generations to heal injuries, relieve pain, and prevent and cure illnesses.
Massage is believed to restore the body’s natural and physical balance so that it can heal naturally.
Massage therapy is a well-known form of alternative therapy that is used for helping people recover from injuries, let go off stress and for overall wellbeing. According to massage therapists, massage therapy can do a whole world of good – it can combat depression, release stress, sooth muscle pain and joint pain, help to lower blood pressure and boost the immune system.
Massage therapy works on the immune system, circulatory system, nervous system and the muscular system.
There are many proven health benefits of massage therapy. These include;
- Massage therapy is good for everyone – whether you are a regular office person, an athlete, a student, a sportsperson or are recovering from an injury, a massage can be good for your health. Sometimes small injuries affect our physical activity, or stress at work or a sedentary job can leave their negative marks on us. This is when people can take recourse to massages.
- Sometimes stress or over-exertion or bad posture can affect our muscles and tendons, making them tight and knotted. A good massage from a therapist can leave us feeling re-energised and this way the muscles loosen up too.
- When people are suffering from sore muscle tissues, then massage therapy can come to a person’s rescue. Pain and muscle dysfunction can be relieved through a massage.
- A massage can boost the immune system of the body, can increase the nutrient delivery to the tissues, and improve blood circulation in the entire body.
- Massages can be good for the blood circulation and even for the immune system. The soothing movement of the massage can flush out toxins and help cure certain physical injuries.
- Whether you are emotionally, physically or mentally stressed, massage therapy can be soothing and relaxing, and can help you let go of worries or tension.
In Perth, Western Australia, we are lucky to have a wide variety of massage centres and spas. We encourage you to find one that suits your needs, and enjoy regular massages in Perth.